Adopting a kennel, cage, or corral at the Humane Society of Indianapolis is a simple way to show your support for the animals in our care all year long!
Beginning at $1,500, kennel sponsorships help to offset the direct expenses for a homeless pet to remain in our care: Food to fill their bellies, medical supplies to heal them and keep them healthy, and cleaning supplies to prevent illness and disease.
Kennel sponsors have a custom plaque hung on either a dog or cat kennel (sponsor’s choice) that will stay up for 12 months, or as long as the sponsorship is renewed. Sponsors will also receive semi-annual reports of special cats and dogs we’ve cared for and will be given recognition on this page for their generosity.
Medical Sponsorship Program
For some animals, the road home is long and difficult. Some are injured or ill. Some are anxious or fearful. All of them deserve another chance at health and happiness.
IndyHumane meets pain and fear daily with love and compassion, helping each animal on a case-by-case basis.
When we first met Leonard, he was malnourished, skin scabbed over with infection, and his temperature was so low it wouldn’t register on the thermometer. We didn’t know if he would survive the night.
The medical team provided nutritional support, soothing baths, antibiotics, and time.
A foster home provided Leonard with a safe place to heal where he learned that he didn’t need to fear, and time.
And then…Leonard found a family. He now lives in a home where pain and fear are far from his mind.
view our wish list
The support of friends in the community makes our work possible. Donations of supplies help our pets stay healthy and comfortable while maximizing our budget. We offer a few ways for you to help:
1. DROP OFF AT OUR SHELTER.
Drop off new or clean, gently used supplies to 7929 N. Michigan Road, Indianapolis, IN 46268.
You can place your items in the blue bins outside the entrance for zero-contact drop off. Bins are brought inside, emptied and sorted at least daily.
2. ORDER ONLINE ANYTIME.
Order from the comfort of your home by shopping our Amazon Shelter Wish List or Foster Care Wish List!
Please ship to:
7929 N. Michigan Road, Indianapolis, IN 46268
Attn: Amazon Wish List
Please be sure to include a free gift card that lists both your name and address, so that we can properly thank you. Amazon does not provide us with any shipper information.
Bonus: if you set up IndyHumane as your charity of choice on smile.amazon.com, a percentage of your sales will also be donated back to IndyHumane.
ITEMS USED FOR TRAINING:
- Squeeze cheese
- Peanut butter (no xylitol)
- Small, chewy, soft treats for dogs and cats
- Hot dogs
- Medium/Large Easy Walk harnesses
- Large nylon martingale collars
ITEMS USED TO KEEP THE SHELTER CLEAN AND FREE OF ILLNESS:
- Lint rollers (single-use sticky paper type)
- Bleach- Ultra Clorox (not concentrated)
- Tall kitchen garbage bags
- Liquid hand soap (refill-size bottles preferred)
- Dawn Dish Soap (refill-size bottles preferred)
- Bottled window cleaner (refill-size bottles preferred)
- Hand sanitizer (refill-size bottles preferred)
ITEMS USED TO SUPPORT OUR FOSTER FAMILIES:
- High-quality canned pet food, especially kitten food
- Kitten formula
- Small plastic baby bottles
- Pet crates, carriers, and playpens
OTHER ITEMS THAT HELP KEEP OUR COSTS DOWN:
- Permanent markers and dry erase markers
- Cases of white copy paper
- AA, AAA, and 9volt batteries
- Empty copy paper boxes (used in our kitten playpens)
OTHER ITEMS WE ACCEPT, BUT ARE NOT AN URGENT NEED:
- Opened or partial bags of dry pet food (please close securely and label before donating)
- Blankets, sheets, bath towels (please no hand towels or wash rags)
- Pet beds (Clean, with no rips, holes, or tears)
- Grooming supplies such as brushes
ITEMS WE DO NOT ACCEPT:
- Newspaper, shredded paper
- Retractable leashes
- Prong/choke/chain/electronic collars
- Any medication that is considered a controlled substance or is expired
Become a Faithful Friend
and save lives all year long!
As a Faithful Friend of IndyHumane, your support allows us to continue to help the thousands of homeless cats and dogs that require our care each and every year.
By signing up to become a monthly supporter your donations provide a steady, dependable source of revenue for IndyHumane’s life-saving programs. IndyHumane is a private, nonprofit organization that receives no public or private government funding, and we rely heavily on contributions to ensure that we can continue working towards our vision that all Central Indiana animals are treated with dignity and respect and live free from cruelty, harm and neglect.
Your monthly automated donations will allow us to reduce our marketing and mailing costs, as well as to be more environmentally friendly. We will only send you one annual acknowledgment letter each January noting all of your automated donations from the previous year.
How to give:
You can choose to make your monthly donation online via credit or debit card. Donations will process on the same day of your first gift each month.
Or, you can make your gift via EFT. EFT gifts are processed on the 10th of each month. Mail a completed form and voided check to:
ATTN: Monthly Giving
7929 N Michigan Road
Indianapolis, IN 46268
If you have questions regarding monthly donations, please contact us at 317.489.0820 or email@example.com