low-cost spay/neuter clinic
The IndyHumane Downtown Clinic is currently scheduling spay/neuter surgeries and can provide additional services to scheduled surgery patients only.
The IndyHumane Downtown Spay/Neuter Clinic is located at 456 N. Holmes Ave., Indianapolis, IN 46222. Please note, at this time, no walk-in services are being offered at the IndyHumane Downtown Clinic. For pets not needing surgery, please make an appointment for vaccines, microchipping and more at our Michigan Road low-cost vaccinel clinic by clicking this button:
- A non-refundable $30 deposit per pet is required when requesting an appointment. The deposit will be applied to your pet’s total bill and the balance is due before your pet can go home.
- Deposits are made online using a credit/debit card only. If using Care Credit or a voucher/certificate to cover your surgery, you must still make a deposit to secure your appointment. The deposit will then be refunded the day of surgery once your voucher is received or Care Credit information is provided for payment.
- Cancellations made 72 hours or more in advance of the surgery date may reschedule without penalty or receive a refund of the deposit and any additional payments paid.
- Cancellations made less than 72 hours in advance of the surgery date will result in a loss of the deposit (additional payment will be refunded) and will require you to reschedule online and provide another $30 deposit to schedule a new appointment.
- We accept cash, debit/credit and Care Credit (no checks).
- Proof of Rabies vaccine is required for all animals. Vaccine cost will be automatically added at booking until proof is received and reviewed.
- Proof can be uploaded during booking or emailed in advance of surgery day.
- Pets must be a minimum of 2 months old and 2 lbs for surgery.
- Pre-surgery bloodwork is highly recommended for animals 8 years and older. This allows us to look for underlying conditions that may make surgery risky.
If you own or operate a qualifying 501c3 dog or cat rescue or municipal shelter and are in need of medical services for the animals in your rescue, you can contact us for special opportunities. Please email email@example.com.
Zip Code/Public Assistance
Umbilical hernia repair
Zip Code/Public Assistance
Umbilical hernia repairs
Regardless of income or public assistance program participation, if you live in one of the qualifying zip codes listed below, and can show proof of address, you will qualify for a reduced rate ($65 for dogs, $30 for cats) for surgery:
46201, 46203, 46205, 46218, 46219, 46221, 46222, 46226, 46227, 46241
In addition to these opportunities, the IndyHumane Downtown Clinic is a participating vet with Pet Friendly Services. Pet Friendly Services offers a $25 voucher program for pets, regardless of size or gender. Applicants must be approved through a needs-based public assistance program or income qualifications. More information is available here.
spay/neuter surgery instructions
After midnight, do not offer your pet any food.
• Exception: animals 4 months or younger should be given ½ their normal meal at breakfast in the morning
Your pet may continue to have access to water up until the time of surgery.
- Drop off your pet to our Downtown Clinic: 456 N. Holmes Ave., Indianapolis, IN 46222
- Cat drop off is at 7:30 am, dog drop off is 8 am. Pick up is at 3:30 pm sharp the same day.
Community cat caretakers may choose to pick up:
• Same day at 4:30 pm (if caretaker is able to recover the cat indoors overnight)
• Next day at 9 am or 3:30 pm (only available for Tuesday-Thursday surgery patients)
Surgery consent forms and paperwork should be completed online and in advance. Upon arrival, park in the numbered parking spaces and use your cell phone to follow the instructions on the signs. Please stay in your vehicle until otherwise directed.
Cats must come in a carrier or trap and all dogs must be on a leash. If your pet is not in a carrier or on a leash, you will be required to purchase one from our retail selection.
community cat caretakers
- Our Community Cat package includes the spay/neuter surgery, rabies vaccination, FVRCP vaccination, 72-hour pain injection, Bravecto 3 month flea/tick prevention, and ear tip for feral/outdoor cats.
- This package costs just $30 and can make a huge impact on your community! You can learn more about Community Cats and TNR (trap/neuter/return) here.
- Click here to schedule an appointment for community cat spay/neuter. Be sure select the Community Cat Package on the checkout screen.
- Please note, we are not able to assist with trapping and/or transportation of community cats. You need to be able to catch, safely contain, and bring to the clinic for a scheduled appointment.
- If you need help, such as trapping a large colony of cats, reach out to Indy Neighborhood Cats.