news and blog
Indy Mutt Strut 2020 Hits Fundraising Goal!
Mutt Strut 2020 Goes Virtual
Limited-Edition IndyHumane Merchandise Available Now
Indianapolis Professionals Advocating for Animal Welfare Coalition – or IPAAW for short – is IndyHumane’s young professional’s affinity group. Since forming in 2013, IPAAW has helped shape and promote IndyHumane’s events, provided critical feedback for services and programs, and raised more than $30,000 for homeless pets in Central Indiana. IPAAW’s strategic goals are…
- Introduce young professionals to IndyHumane’s mission and programs, to
- Inspire action and generosity among colleagues, and
- Provide an opportunity for up-and-coming professionals to network with a shared passion for making Indianapolis an even more humane city
The group and most of its events are open to all ages, but experiences are tailored to friends of IndyHumane ages 21-40.
IPAAW is membership driven, and membership begins at $10/month or $120/year. Ready to set up your membership? Click here!
- President: Amanda Armstrong
- Vice President: Jennifer Weingart
- Secretary: Erica Grider
- Board Liaison: Greg Stierer
- Membership Chair: Jonathan Cassady
- Advocacy Chairs: Elaine Thiel (Ales), Jocelyn Oshrin (Fundraising/Events)
- Social Media Chair: Lauren Gill
- President Emeritus: Erica Hendricks
spread the word
Bark, Meow, and Tweet.
Tell everyone what IndyHumane is doing for homeless pets!
What do you get when you follow us on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram?
- You’ll stay up-to-date on upcoming events
- You’ll be among the first to know any news or announcements
- Three words: Cute. Animal. Photos.
And if you enjoy what you see when you follow us, you can do your part to help the dogs and cats at IndyHumane by sharing with your friends! Here are a few hashtags you can use to help spread the word:
#indyhumane #indyhumanealumni #savinglivessince1905
Pet Awareness Wagon (PAW)
Thank you for your interest in our Pet Awareness Wagon! Due to COVID-19, we are not attending in-person community events for the remainder of the year. We apologize for any inconvenience.
During this time, we’d love your help to keep our animals safe, happy, and healthy. Click here for our fundraising guide, and feel free to contact us with any additional questions!
Thanks for your support of IndyHumane.
Have more questions about requesting a PAW visit? Click here
Where’s The PAW Heading?
Click here to see our event calendar!
About the IndyHumane Pet Awareness Wagon
The IndyHumane Pet Awareness Wagon (The PAW) is a fully-contained, mobile unit designed to bring pets to neighborhoods and facilitate convenient opportunities to interact with the animals of IndyHumane.
The 26-foot kennel on wheels is outfitted with all the amenities needed to facilitate a safe and cozy environment for our animals. The unit is an incredible opportunity for IndyHumane to increase community engagement.
Since launching in May 2016, the PAW has made hundred of appearances at businesses, community groups, and private gatherings across Central Indiana.
The PAW is made possible by the Efroymson Family Fund, a CICF Affiliate.
request a tour
Want to learn more about IndyHumane and get a behind-the-scenes look at how we care for the animals we take care of each day?
Check out our facilities through a virtual tour, or schedule a tour with one of our staff members or volunteers!
Click here for tour program notes and requirements.
How to sign up for an IndyHumane Tour:
- Read the Tour Program Notes and etermine which type of Tour your Group would like
- Standard Tour Requests must be submitted at least 2 Weeks in Advance
- Tour + Experience Requests must be submitted at least 1 Month in Advance
- Email our Community Engagement Coordinator to schedule.
IndyHumane is a 501(c)(3) private, nonprofit organization. We receive no government funding, and we are not affiliated with any other animal welfare organizations (such as Humane Society of the United States or the ASPCA). IndyHumane relies upon donations from individuals, foundations and corporations to enable our daily work to care for homeless animals. If your tour is associated with a donation drive or donation, please note that information on the Tour Request Form. Thank you for your support of IndyHumane!