IndyHumane’s Main Campus on Michigan Road is accepting resumes for the following positions:
Feline Animal Care Technician (ACT) (Full-time)
Responsible for day-to-day care and treatment of cats that are housed at the shelter; will perform duties pertaining to kennel maintenance, custodial responsibilities, maintaining a disease-free environment, and feline enrichment and behavioral tasks. Must be able to interact with the public, fellow staff, community service workers, and volunteers professionally and with exceptional customer service. Is expected to work safely and consistently with IndyHumane’s policies, procedures, beliefs, and mission statement.
Summary of Essential Job Functions:
- Cat care — in both cages and free-roaming spaces
- Daily maintenance and cleaning of feline spaces and other areas
- Furnish appropriate amounts of food to animals daily
- Care for animals as appropriate to their species and temperament
- Pay attention to kennel signs regarding special care instructions
- Report animal observations to supervisor or medical/behavior staff
- Ensure that animals have appropriate bedding daily
- Perform custodial duties where and when required
- Follow standardized processes in use of equipment and cleaning materials/chemicals
- Consistency in following standard operating procedures
- Appropriate and humane animal handling
- Follow safety and hazard procedures
- Other duties as assigned
- Must be cat-savvy
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must be able to read sufficiently to understand chemical warning labels and kennel cards
- Must have good attention to detail
- Must have good oral and written communication skills
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds
Please submit resume, cover letter, and references to firstname.lastname@example.org
Special Events Intern
IndyHumane is seeking a Spring Semester Special Events Intern to assist the Special Events & Corporate Relations Officer.
Current college student
Minimum 3.0 GPA preferred
15-20 hours per week availability
Strong writing and proofreading skills
Successful candidate will demonstrate:
- Accuracy and attention to detail.
- Flexibility and effective task management
- Project management skills.
- Ability to effectively communicate with people
- Ability to prioritize and work effectively as a member of the team.
- Ability to effectively communicate with people.
- Excellent written, oral and analytical skills
- Proficient in computer applications (Word, Excel, Publisher, etc.)
- Willingness to learn additional applications as needed (Salesforce, TeamRaiser, etc.)
- Sensitivity to confidential information.
- Commitment to the mission of IndyHumane.
- Flexibility, high energy level, initiative.
- Assisting with event coordination to ensure goals and timelines are met.
- Develop a working knowledge IndyHumane’s operation, mission to represent the organization to the community.
- Communicate clearly with staff, donors, sponsors, vendors, volunteers, and event guests.
- Manage database information and ensure its accuracy.
- Write event promotional pieces, sponsor/vendor and volunteer communications, website updates, and newsletter articles.
- Provide support as needed for gift entry, research, and gift acknowledgment activities.
- Perform other duties and special projects, as assigned.
Internship is approximately 15-20 hours per week. The hours are flexible, and will include occasional evening or weekend meetings. The position is unpaid.
Please submit your cover letter and resume to: email@example.com
Social Media & Marketing Intern
IndyHumane is searching for a creative, energetic, and self-motivated individual to take on the role of Social Media & Marketing Intern! In this position, your main task will be to manage IndyHumane’s social media accounts under the supervision of the Marketing Coordinator, but you’ll also have opportunities to help with additional marketing and communications projects as they arise. These could include editing or updating marketing materials, updating web content, researching marketing trends, and assisting with event preparation and facilitation.
- Current college student
- Minimum 3.0 GPA preferred
- 15-20 hours per week availability
- Strong writing and proofreading skills
General responsibilities include:
- Posting content and answering questions on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Snapchat
- Regularly checking social media insights and working to adjust content accordingly
- Maintaining brand standards and organizational voice in all online communications
- Developing and communicating a working knowledge of IndyHumane’s mission and services
- Possibly working in graphic design, writing, public relations, or website maintenance
- Other duties and projects as assigned
- Excellent spelling, grammar, and punctuation
- Familiarity with social media best practices
- Good time-management skills
- Sensitive to confidential information
- Knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite a plus
This position is unpaid. Hours are flexible, but may include occasional evening or weekend events if candidate is able to attend.
Please submit your cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
IndyHumane’s Downtown Clinic is accepting resumes for the following positions:
The Staff Veterinarians will have a variety of opportunities within the shelter. Not only do we provide a full range of treatments and surgeries for our shelter animals, we also provide quality preventative care for public animals. We have two low-cost vaccine clinics in the city as well as a HVHQ spay/neuter clinic. We work to keep animals happy, healthy and in their home.
View a complete job description here.
To apply: Email your resume to email@example.com
Clinic Veterinary Technician – Surgery and Vaccine clinic (Full-time)
Responsible for working with vaccine clinic veterinarian to provide wellness services for walk-in vaccination clinic patients, as well as assisting in spay/neuter surgery providing check-in/check-out, prep, recovery, and husbandry support/assistance.
Essential job functions:
- Handle and track medications for large volumes of surgical patients.
- Efficiently restrain animals, induce and intubate as needed.
- Ensure prompt and accurate procedures are followed each day.
- Communicate with clients before and after surgery and assist with rechecks as needed.
- Assist with beginning- and end-of-shift duties.
- Assist veterinarians and other staff members as needed.All other duties as assigned.
- Current driver’s license for the State of Indiana.
- Must be able to learn basic veterinary medical concepts including but not limited to: vaccine protocols and anesthetic risks.
- Must also be able to clearly communicate basic veterinary concepts to owners and be able to repeat information relayed by a veterinarian.
- Must be able to take thorough medical histories for surgical rechecks.
- Communicate with the public daily in a professional and friendly manner.
- Must have excellent attendance and positive attitude.
- Must be able to maintain a positive attitude in a fast-passed environment and under pressure.
- Must have excellent customer service skills and a desire to educate the public.
- Must be a self-starter and enjoy working in teams.
- Must be able to stand for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to lift up to 40 pounds (additional weight with assistance).
- Must be able to twist, bend, and squat repetitively.
- Must be comfortable handling (on average) 25-30+ dogs and cats per day.
- Must be able to learn/understand characteristics of animal behavior.
- Must be able to use appropriate safety equipment for fractious or feral animals (will train) – the use of safety equipment is mandatory.
- Must become proficient at animal restraint for various procedures.
- Must be able to provide vaccinations, microchips, and administer fluids proficiently.
- Must be able to draw blood on awake and sleeping animals
- At least two years of experience in a veterinary clinic or have corresponding education
Potential and prolonged exposures:
- Prolonged exposure to various aqueous solutions including but not limited to dish soap, chlorhexidine and spectra soap
- Prolonged exposure to isopropanol, hydrogen peroxide
- Potential/Prolonged exposure to isoflurane gas
- Prolonged exposure to quartenary ammonium cleaners and bleach
- Prolonged exposure to pressurized steam
- Potential exposure to sharps including needles and surgical blades
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
Email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.