7929 Michigan Road
Adoption Lobby Hours
Monday 1pm - 7pm
Tuesday 1pm - 7pm
Wednesday 1pm - 7pm
Friday 1pm - 7pm
Saturday 11am - 6pm
Sunday 11am - 4pm
Major Holidays Closed
Mutt Strut 2017
April 29th, 2017
Join us at the Indianapolis Motor Speedway for the Greatest Spectacle in Dog Walking!
Pet Loss Support Group
May 2nd, 2017
Join us to share memories about your pet with pet lovers who have had similar experiences.
Pet First Aid Classes
May 14th, 2017
Pet Tech is offering PetSaver classes at IndyHumane.
Special Events Intern
The intern will be supporting the Special Events Manager in preparation for IndyHumane’s largest annual fundraiser, Mutt Strut. Mutt Strut is Saturday, April 29 at the Indianapolis Motor Speedway. Candidates must be available the entire day of April 29.
Successful candidate will demonstrate:
- Accuracy and attention to detail.
- Flexibility and effective task management.
- Project management skills.
- Ability to effectively communicate with people.
- Ability to prioritize and work effectively as a member of the team.
- Excellent written, oral, and analytical skills.
- Proficient in computer applications (Word, Excel, Publisher, Outlook etc.).
- Sensitivity to confidential information.
- Commitment to the mission of the Humane Society of Indianapolis.
- High energy level and takes initiative in a fast-paced environment.
- Assisting with event coordination to ensure goals and timelines are met. (Some lifting will be required.)
- Communicate clearly with staff, donors, sponsors, vendors, volunteers, and event guests.
- Managing database information and ensure its accuracy.
- Writing event promotional pieces, sponsor/vendor and volunteer communications, website updates, and newsletter articles.
- Develop a working knowledge of HSI’s operation, mission, and strategic plan and represent the organization to the community.
- Provide support as needed for gift entry, research, and gift acknowledgment activities.
- Perform other duties and special projects, as assigned.
The position is unpaid. The hours are flexible, and will include occasional evening or weekend meetings.
Please submit cover letter, resume, and references to email@example.com, Subject Line: Special Events Internship.
IndyHumane will be CLOSED on Saturday, April 29, for Mutt Strut 2017! Come see us at the Indianapolis Motor Speedway!