7929 Michigan Road
Adoption Lobby Hours
Monday 1pm - 7pm
Tuesday 1pm - 7pm
Wednesday 1pm - 7pm
Friday 1pm - 7pm
Saturday 11am - 6pm
Sunday 11am - 4pm
Major Holidays Closed
Mutt Strut 2017
April 29th, 2017
Join us at the Indianapolis Motor Speedway for the Greatest Spectacle in Dog Walking!
Pet Loss Support Group
May 2nd, 2017
Join us to share memories about your pet with pet lovers who have had similar experiences.
Pet First Aid Classes
May 14th, 2017
Pet Tech is offering PetSaver classes at IndyHumane.
IndyHumane's Main Campus on Michigan Road is accepting resumes for the following position:
Vaccine Clinic Veterinary Technician/Assistant
Position is responsible for assisting our veterinarians in vaccine clinic duties including performing exams, heartworm and FeLV tests, preparing vaccines, restraint and prescribing heartworm prevention, flea prevention and deworming. Good client communications skills are a must.
Summary of essential job functions:
- To provide low cost, but high quality basic preventative care to vaccine clinic clients using a high degree of customer service skill.
- Creating and maintaining detailed computer records for each animal that is handled.
- Reviewing medical records and following protocols to see what animals need related to their care and that they continue to move through the adoption system
- Treating all animals humanely, properly, and with compassion at all times, regardless of the situation or circumstance.
- Communicate and interact professionally with all staff members as part of a fast-paced and highly-efficient clinic team.
- Demonstrate low-stress animal handling skills.
- Communicate and follow safety and hazard procedures.
- Work collaboratively with management, medical, animal care, customer service and volunteer staff.
- Expand shelter mission by providing low cost care to our community.
- Perform humane, compassionate euthanasia when warranted on animals that are beyond our care or for owner-requested euthanasia, as needed.
- Be willing to work in our shelter intake/medical department on occasion
- Graduate of Veterinary Technology or Assistant program or possess vet tech experience
- Ability to multi-task under pressure and work efficiently and effectively under time constraints.
- Ability to identify problems or patient conditions (medical and behavioral) that need to be brought to the attention of DVM.
- Strong knowledge of diseases and illnesses common to dogs and cats.
- Strong technical skills pertaining to venipuncture & lab procedures, physical exam, etc.
- Excellent animal handling skills and knowledge of low-stress handling and animal behavior a must. Experience restraining dogs and cats of various sizes and backgrounds required
- Comfortable with web-based programs, proficiency in Microsoft Windows programs and electronic communication, knowledge of Petpoint a plus.
- Great interpersonal communication, and time management skills essential.
- Strong personal initiative, working with minimal supervision and direction.
- Ability to read, write and understand English required. Spanish is a plus.
- Ability to learn and follow protocols consistently, adapt to a constantly changing environment, and problem-solve. Must have a strong attention to detail
- Commitment to treating people and animals with respect, contributing to an effective team, and fostering public relations that benefit the shelter and its programs.
- Able to lift 50 lbs.
- Able to walk, stand, and lift for extended periods of time.
- Possess a valid Indiana Driver’s License
- Ability to multi-task and remain flexible in multiple situations simultaneously
- Able to work professionally, as part of a team
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
Send your resume to email@example.com.
IndyHumane's Animal Welfare Center on the city's West Side is accepting resumes for the following position:
Mobile Clinic Veterinary Assistant
Part-time, 16 hours/week on Friday afternoons and Sundays working as a tech/asst on our Low-Cost Mobile Vaccination Bus around the city.
Experience working with animal care/veterinary field preferred, Spanish speaking skills a huge plus, low-Stress Handling skills, a positive attitude, and a good work-ethic are required. Position works very closely with the veterinarian and the public so customer service and good communication skills are a must.
Qualified applicants should email their resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Learn about Internship Opportunities available at the Humane Society of Indianapolis.
IndyHumane will be CLOSED on Saturday, April 29, for Mutt Strut 2017! Come see us at the Indianapolis Motor Speedway!