IndyHumane’s Main Campus on Michigan Road is accepting resumes for the following positions:
Adoption Counselor / Customer Service Representative (Full-time)
IndyHumane is searching for detail-oriented, multi-tasking individuals who love both animals and people to join our Customer Service Team. Our Customer Service Team is responsible for developing and maintaining great relationships with our community by connecting patrons with IndyHumane services, including but not limited to: adoptions, animal intake, lost and found animal assistance, low-cost vaccine and spay/neuter clinics, and our dog park.
- Must be able to work adoption hours which include evenings & weekends
- Great time-management skills
- Must have confident, articulate, and professional speaking skills (in person and over the phone)
- Ability to work in a team setting
- Strong conflict resolution skills
Click here to view the full Adoption Counselor/Customer Service Representative job description.
Please submit your Cover Letter and Resume to Shawna Sims at firstname.lastname@example.org.
IndyHumane’s Animal Welfare Center on the West Side is accepting resumes for the following positions:
Spay/Neuter and Vaccine Clinic Veterinary Technician (Full-time)
Responsible for working with vaccine clinic veterinarian to provide wellness services for walk-in vaccination clinic patients, as well as assisting in spay/neuter surgery providing check-in/check-out, prep, recovery, and husbandry support/assistance.
Essential job functions:
- Handle and track medications for large volumes of surgical patients.
- Efficiently restrain animals, induce all patients, and intubate all canines in the facility.
- Ensure prompt and accurate procedures are followed each day.
- Communicate with clients before and after surgery and assist with rechecks as needed.
- Assist with beginning- and end-of-shift duties.
- Assist veterinarians and other staff members as needed.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Current driver’s license for the State of Indiana.
- Must be able to learn basic veterinary medical concepts including but not limited to: vaccine protocols and anesthetic risks.
- Must also be able to clearly communicate basic veterinary concepts to owners and be able to repeat information relayed by a veterinarian.
- Must be able to take thorough medical histories for surgical rechecks.
- Communicate with the public daily in a professional and friendly manner.
- Must have excellent attendance and positive attitude.
- Must be able to maintain a positive attitude in a fast-passed environment and under pressure.
- Must have excellent customer service skills and a desire to educate the public.
- Must be a self-starter and enjoy working in teams.
- Must be able to stand for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to lift up to 40 pounds (additional weight with assistance).
- Must be able to twist, bend, and squat repetitively.
- Must be comfortable handling (on average) 25-30+ dogs and cats per day.
- Must be able to learn/understand characteristics of animal behavior.
- Must be able to use appropriate safety equipment for fractious or feral animals (will train) – the use of safety equipment is mandatory.
- Must become proficient at animal restraint for various procedures.
- Must be able to provide vaccinations, microchips, and administer fluids proficiently.
- Must be able to draw blood on awake and sleeping animals.
At least two years’ experience in a veterinary clinic or have corresponding education.
Potential and Prolonged Exposures:
- Prolonged exposure to various aqueous solutions including but not limited to dish soap, chlorhexidine, and spectra soap.
- Prolonged exposure to isopropanol, hydrogen peroxide.
- Potential/Prolonged exposure to isoflurane gas.
- Prolonged exposure to quartenary ammonium cleaners and bleach.
- Prolonged exposure to pressurized steam.
- Potential exposure to sharps including needles and surgical blades.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
Email your resume to email@example.com.