IndyHumane’s Main Campus on Michigan Road is accepting resumes for the following positions:
Canine Animal Care Technician (ACT) (Full-time)
Responsible for day-to-day care and treatment of dogs who are housed at the shelter; will perform duties pertaining to kennel maintenance, custodial responsibilities, maintaining a disease-free environment, and canine enrichment and behavioral tasks. Must be able to interact with the public, fellow staff, community service workers, and volunteers professionally and with exceptional customer service. Is expected to work safely and consistently with IndyHumane’s policies, procedures, beliefs, and mission statement.
Summary of Essential Job Functions:
- Daily dog care
- Daily maintenance and cleaning of kennel spaces and other areas
- Furnish appropriate amounts of food to animals daily
- Care for animals as appropriate to their species and temperament
- Pay attention to kennel signs regarding special care instructions
- Report animal observations to supervisor or medical/behavior staff
- Ensure that animals have appropriate bedding daily
- Perform custodial duties where and when required
- Follow standardized processes in use of equipment and cleaning materials/chemicals
- Consistency in following standard operating procedures
- Appropriate and humane animal handling
- Follow safety and hazard procedures
- Other duties as assigned
- Must have experience working with dogs
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must be able to read sufficiently to understand chemical warning labels and kennel cards
- Must have good attention to detail
- Must have good oral and written communication skills
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds
Please submit resume and references to email@example.com.
Adoption Counselor / Customer Service Representative (Part-time)
Now seeking people-lovers for a position as an Adoption Counselor at IndyHumane!
As an Adoption Counselor and a member of the customer experience team, you will:
- Match perspective pet owners with adoptable pets based on the policies, procedures, beliefs, and mission of the organization
- Answer questions regarding pet care, surrendering a pet, lost & found pets, sick & injured animals, etc.
- Educate patrons about retail items, behavior training, declawing, and much more
- Promote positive outcomes, forever homes, and happy tails!
- Consult with potential adopters, answer questions, provide education
- Patiently resolve conflict, maintaining a positive attitude at all times
- Maintain a high-level of accuracy and record keeping, including money handling
- Respond to phone calls, emails, and other inquiries
- Interact professionally with patrons, donors, volunteers, and other staff
- Must be 18 years old with a high school diploma or equivalent (some post-high school education is preferred)
- Customer service experience required, must love people!
- Computer & money-handling skills
- Interest & heart for Animal Welfare
- Conflict resolution skills, calm under pressure, and positive attitude a must
- Bi-lingual/Spanish language skills a preferred
Position is hourly and includes pet wellness benefits and other discounts! Position is currently part-time with many opportunities for advancement.
Must have weekend availability, Friday-Sunday are peak adoption times.
A background check and drug test will be required of selected candidate.
Email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
IndyHumane’s Animal Welfare Center on the West Side is accepting resumes for the following positions:
There are currently no option positions at this location.